Columbus Base Forums Community Members options Search Web
Nov Meeting Minutes
Joined: May 12, 2007
Location: Dublin, Ohio
|Post subject: Nov Meeting Minutes
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:05 am
COLUMBUS BASE MEETING MINUTES 7 November 2015
Call to Order:
1300 – Commander, Jim Tolson called the meeting to order. COB Bob McDaniel led in the salute to the flag. Chaplain Walt Fleak gave the invocation. Tolling of the lost boats was conducted by Chaplain Sharon Lloyd and Bob McDaniel. Welcome to all by Base Commander. There were 26 members and guests present.
October 2015 meeting minutes were discussed with no comments.
Correspondence – None.
Jim Koogler reported on the status of the Treasury through the end of October 2015.
October 2015 Minutes have been posted to a new forum in the website. They are available to anyone without having to log in.
Efforts to determine the new Sacramento address for John Leer are ongoing. Reported by Dave Creekmore.
Recognition to active duty service and Columbus Base member Bruce Sanderson, MM1(SS), in transit from USS Columbus (SSN-762) to his new duty station at NPTU Ballston Spa and retiree Bob Moeser (Qual Boat USS George Bancroft (SSBN 643)) were made.
November 8 – Logan Veterans Day Parade. Driving directions have been emailed to all members by Jim Tolson. Set-up will be at 1230. Step-off at 1500.
December 5 – Christmas Dinner with Awards and Holland Club, Hilliard VFW. Dinner will commence at 1700 with awards to follow.
• Submarine Museum location – No changes.
• Location and storage of submarine float – No changes.
• Valentine’s Day potluck and silent auction – No changes.
• April 2016 Tolling Ceremony at NOSC Rickenbacker – Commander Peppel is the recommended NOSC point of contact.
For the good of the Order:
• Hotel costs associated with the 2015 USSVI Convention was discussed by those that attended.
• The 2016 USSVI Convention will be held August 15 – 20, 2016 in Reno, Nevada. Convention details are available through the USSVI web site.
• USSVI Dues – National + base is $30 until December 31, and then increases to $35. Jim Koogler asked that members renewing membership do so by December 20 th to allow sufficient time for notification to USSVI.
• Support of area veteran and related support opportunities were presented to the base. (advertisements included with Minutes):
o Blue Star Mothers of Ohio Veteran’s Dinner – 1700 to 1900 on November 20, 2015 at American Legion Post 239. Veterans eat for free. All others $7.00
o Worthington American Legion Post 239 Annual Veteran’s Day Dinner – 1700 to 1900 on November 14, 2015. Veterans/Active Duty eat for free. All others $8.00.
o Central Crossing High School NJROTC All-U-Can-Eat Spaghetti Dinner – To be held at American Legion Post 164 in Grove City 1200 to 1600 on November 15, 2015. $6.00 for adults and $3.00 for individuals 10 and under.
Announcement of the next meeting:
Next Columbus Base meeting (Christmas Dinner and Holland Awards)
December 5, 2015
1700 Dinner - Awards to Follow
VFW Post 4931
2436 Walcutt Road
Columbus, Ohio 43228
Closing prayer (Benediction) was given by Chaplain, Walt Fleak.
Adjournment of meeting by Commander.
Submitted by Bob Bryan - Base Secretary
|| 2015 11 columbus base meeting minutes final.pdf
|| 846.19 KB
|| 254 Time(s)
Last edited by cliff on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:56 am; edited 4 times in total
||All times are GMT - 8 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Columbus Base Links