Columbus Base Forums Community Members options Search Web
Oct Meeting Minutes
Joined: May 12, 2007
Location: Dublin, Ohio
|Post subject: Oct Meeting Minutes
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:49 pm
3 October 2015
Call to Order:
1300 – Commander, Jim Tolson called the meeting to order. Galin Brady led in the salute to the flag. Chaplain Walt Fleak gave the invocation. Tolling of the lost boats was conducted by Chaplain Walt Fleak and Galin Brady. Welcome to all by Base Commander. There were 25 members and guests present.
August meeting minutes were discussed with no comments.
Correspondence – None.
Jim Koogler reported on the status of the Treasury through the end of September 2015.
Send any activity pictures to Cliff and he will put them on the web. Touring DSCC was discussed. Contact information for DSCC Public Affairs has been requested.
A card was passed for Frank Lloyd in the passing of his stepfather.
Jim Koogler discussed visiting John Palmer in a Columbus assisted living facility.
New members and guests in attendance included: Eric Johnson MM2(SS) joined Columbus Base. He qualified on USS Portsmouth (SSN-707) in 1988 and also served on USS Parche (SSN-683).
October 17 - Final Highway Cleanup with Franklin Heights NJROTC, 0830,Don Gentile, American Legion Post #532, 1571 Demorest Road, Columbus OH 43228 (Date changed to Oct 17 per Capt. Tom Lennon request.)
November 6, 2015 (Friday) Veterans Day Parade, Columbus, Noon step off.
November 7 - Noon, Base Meeting, American Legion Leasure-Blackston 239, 700 Morning Street, Worthington, OH 43085
November 8 – Logan Veterans Day Parade
December 5 – Christmas Dinner with Awards and Holland Club, Hilliard VFW
For the good of the Order:
· The USSVI Convention was discussed by those that attended.
· USSVI Dues – National + base is $30 until December 31, and then increases to $35.
· Officer nominations were opened from the floor. Tim Barker was nominated for Commander, Bob Brian was nominated for Secretary and Jim Koogler for Treasurer.
· Plans are being made to hold the April 2016 Tolling Ceremony at the Naval Reserve Center at Rickenbacker.
· Valentine Day potluck dinner, and perhaps a silent auction were discussed. Looking for volunteers to plan.
· Discussed the submarine museum and the possible movement to some other location. Subject tabled pending discussion at the next officers’ meeting.
· An Eagle Scout award was presented to Ethan Huelskamp in St. Henry OH.
· Galin Brady agreed to contact John Leers’ daughter to get his new address.
· Thanks was expressed to Rick Freeman for bringing salsa and apple crisp for lunch.
· 50/50 drawing winner Rick Freeman (second month), Other winners included: Tim Barker, Cliff Dodson, Walt Fleak, Bill McCorkle, Don Crinkey, Jim Koogler, Galin Brady, Bill Dumbauld, John Bethea, Bill Meyer and Bob Frier.
Announcement of the next meeting:
Next Columbus Base meeting
November 7, 2015
1200 Social Hour
American Legion Leasure-Blackston Post 239
700 Morning Street
Worthington, OH 43085
Post phone number 614-888-9096
Closing prayer (Benediction) was given by Chaplain, Walt Fleak.
Adjournment of meeting by Commander.
Submitted by Jim Tolson for Base Secretary
|| 2015 10 columbus base meeting minutes.pdf
|| 183.41 KB
|| 262 Time(s)
||All times are GMT - 8 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Columbus Base Links